Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Billing Revenue Cycle Manager, the Patient Accounts Supervisor will provide analytical support to establish and achieve revenue cycle goals and objectives and layout strategy on how to improve collection from Self-Pay patients. As a collaborative position, the Patient Accounts Supervisor interfaces with physicians, medical assistance, front desk, finance and IT staff to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the patients’ billing. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In essence, the Supervisor will assist in achieving the goal of providing the Standard of Excellence in providing quality care to our patients.
The Supervisor will be part of the monthly Billing Revenue Cycle Meetings and will report on development, plans, and issues in this expanded area of health center operations.
Perform other duties as may be necessary and essential to accomplish the mission of TVHC and the goals and objective of these areas of activity.
1. High school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree in accounting or related field preferred
1. Two years’ experience in AR and working in customer service environment, preferably health care
2. Ability to create and edit Excel spreadsheets
3. Ability and willingness to share information and train people at many levels on improving patient services and attaining the Standards of Excellence at TVHC.
4. Treats all patients/clients with respect and courtesy; respect the patients/clients rights to confidentiality and works cooperatively with other members to the professional a non-professional staff.