As a member of the Information Technology (IT) department, the IT Associate performs department administrative and user support duties. Under direction from the IT Director, the IT Associate manages the IT Help Desk ticketing system, and triages the incoming support calls. Departmental administration tasks will include equipment inventory, software license management, meeting coordination and other tasks as assigned by the IT Director. As the front line voice for phone support the IT Associate needs to be the cheerful voice speaking with users seeking support, and requires superior communication and interpersonal skills. This position may be asked to perform duties as assigned related to all aspects of the organization’s IT and IS functions.
1. Provide high quality phone user support. Open up the Help Desk line, take support calls and monitor incoming tickets queue. Follow up on any urgent support requests that were placed overnight.
2. Create support tickets and triage them to the appropriate work queue or IT resource. Ask caller the standard questions regarding the scope of the issue so as to assign ticket with the appropriate category, priority and urgency. Follow appropriate escalation protocol.
3. Manage the IT ticketing system. Ensure that IT resources are meeting their ticket SLAs, follow up with users on any open questions on their tickets. Manage user communications and updates during planned and unplanned system downtime.
4. Maintain user-facing FAQs and internal IT Knowledge Base (KB) current by updating relevant documents as needed. In turn, use the KB articles to resolve simple issues.
5. Manage IT inventory system and maintain it up-to-date for hardware assets including laptops, PC, mobile devices. Maintain software and licensing inventories and keep them current and compliant. Ensure that support contracts are current on all hardware and software.
6. Assist IT Director with calendar management and meeting scheduling. Coordinate meetings that are hosted by IT department, send calendar invites to TVHC staff and find available times.
7. Do meeting setups such as printing training materials, set up projector, web conference, refreshments ordering etc. Attend meetings and assist with note taking and distribution.
8. Perform routine, simple technical tasks such as user password resets, monthly clinical report submissions and other recurring routine tasks as trained by IT staff. Some external entity interfacing will be required.
9. Draft IT department documentation, such as SOPs, create forms etc. Manage IT forms that are submitted by other depts., ensuring that the request was completed and filed appropriately. Submit paperwork such as change management to vendors.
10. Perform department hardware, software and office supplies purchasing. Obtain quotes from vendors, submit POs for approval and receive product into inventory.
11. Demonstrate commitment to, and understanding of, TVHC’s Service Excellence Standards, by modeling service excellence in all internal and external interactions.
1. Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality.
2. Experience with the use of Windows PCs and laptops is required.
3. Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications is required.
4. Working knowledge of Healthcare related software such as EHR systems.
5. Ability to interact on the phone for long periods of time, and provide excellent customer service.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, in collaborative settings required.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
8. Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete work without direct supervision.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness.
10. Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
11. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
12. Able to provide excellent customer service skills.
13. Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
14. Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred.
15. Valid California driver's license; car and valid automobile insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. AA degree in business administration or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Any prior work experience in a clinic setting or healthcare related organization is a major plus.
3. A minimum of 2 years of work experience interfacing with clients in a support relationship is required.
4. Intermediate or advanced computer skills; experience using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
5. Experience working with Non-Profit agencies preferred, but not required.