In conjunction with, and under the direction of the Patient Accounts Supervisor, the Patient Accounts Clerk is responsible for the analysis of patient receivables conducting data entry for self-pay patients and grants, contacting patients for collections, and establishing repayment plan(s) for patients’ accounts receivable balances.
1. Responsible for reviewing patients’ accounts and ensuring balances in the Practice Management System are accurate.
2. Analyzes existing accounts for possible retroactive insurance coverage and tasks appropriate party for billing process.
3. Responds to incoming phone calls from patients inquiring about their bills; collects messages and responds in a timely manner to any/all such inquiries.
4. Responsible for clearly explaining and completing account collection and payment plan to patients; assists monolingual and limited-English patients in completing required paperwork.
5. Meets with and receives payment from walk-in patients; prepares cash receipts and completes daily cash logs/reports for collections received from patients paying at the clinic.
6. Conducts calls to patient with past due balance(s) in an effort to collect payments via telephone.
7. Responsible for reviewing patient billing statements for accuracy prior to mailing it out.
8. Responsible for printing and sending collection notices to patients.
9. Prepares collection assignment forms and paperwork for collection agency and pre-list them in the Practice Management system.
10. Review patient credit report for accuracy and prepares check requests for supervisors’ review.
11. Performs other billing and accounting duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
12. Attends meetings and/or seminars on and off-site, related to policy/procedure changes on collections/receivables process as they may affect TVHC and our patients; maintains compliance with company policies related to collections/receivables process.
13. Performs all duties and service in full compliance with TVHC’s Service Excellence Standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: